4M FINE GAS
FINE GAS, the new Fine MEP application for Gas project design, combines Design and Calculations in a Fully Integrated Environment, making all the required calculations for any Gas Building Installation directly from drawings, generating all the study results: Calculation sheets, technical reports, bill of materials and costing, as well as all the final drawings (plan views, vertical chart, axonometric diagram etc) fully updated.
FINE GAS consists of two Components, synergistically interacting between each other:
- The CAD Component, a powerful autonomous tool, based on 4MCAD, including a flexible cad interface for designing the installation plus an expert system for producing the final drawings (plan views of the installation, vertical and axonometric charts, construction details etc).
- The Calculations Component, an advanced calculation environment, using a spreadsheet-like functionality and a rich methodological background. It provides all the calculation results of the Gas network and overall installation, in a perfectly presented and completely documented way.
Advanced CAD Interface
FINE-GAS' advanced CAD interface supports the design of any Gas installation in two simple steps:
- Location of the Installation components (gas receptors, collectors etc) on the view plan.
- Piping design with simple or more sophisticated routing commands (i.e. “Pipes Parallel to Wall”, “automatically connected to the receptors” etc) to speed up the process.
The view plan can be taken in a DWG or DXF file format or even a bitmap file. Or, it can be drawn from scratch through the AutoBLD (Architectural) commands of the package.
Complete Calculations directly through the Drawings
The calculation sheet is being automatically updated directly through the drawings thanks to the AutoNET group of commands. The network (composed of the piping network, gas receptors and appliances etc), is "recognized" and transferred into the calculation sheets.
Calculations rely on a rich Methodological background based on European and international standards.
Besides the piping calculations, Fine GAS calculates all the related equipment, as well as the bill of the materials, technical descriptions/ specifications and other results. All the calculation outputs are properly organized and completely documented.
Automatic generation of all the project drawings
All project drawing are automatically created in a final form:
Detailed View Plan Drawings: Fully updated according to the calculation results.
Vertical Diagrams: They include all the information and can be edited by the user.
All the drawings can be edited and enriched, using the special utilities and the symbol libraries which are open to the user.
Six reasons for working with FINE GAS
- Global Design based on Object Oriented Programming (OOP) philosophy, Implemented with the most advanced tools (C++) and a long-range software engineering technology.
- Autonomous CAD (including 4MCAD along with its user license) providing full independency from other CAD environments, but keeping the most popular CAD standards and open dwg communication.
- Work on real 3D model of the project (building plus gas installation networks) from the beginning to the end. Unlimited freedom to create and modify, through parametric dialog boxes, due to the object structure of the whole information.
- Seamless Integration between the CAD Component and the Calculation Components (Gas receptorss, fittings etc), plus Interactive Communication between drawings and spreadsheets.
- Calculation environment based on a rich and reliable methodological background, adopting the most modern techniques and standards. Results completely documented and perfectly presented.
- 4M-Suite Supports the close cooperation between the Mechanical Engineer and the Architect, Civil Engineer and Electrical Engineer, during all the stages of the Building Design process.